That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, April 06, 2006

On the way back...

I went to a Japanese restaurant called "Soupbol" with a few ladies from the office for lunch today. It's a neat place, kinda funky, I like it.

On the way back to work, Virginia (the Italian girl) and I were chatting away. She mentioned something about Easter coming up and how she loves it when they play Jesus of Nazareth on TV because it always makes her cry. Then she mentioned The Passion of the Christ. I have not seen it, neither do I intend to (personal reasons), but I did not want to get her confused so I thought it best to just brush it away.

And then she broke my heart. She had already mentioned how Jesus of Nazareth always makes her cry. Then she tells me that what always gets to her is the mother, Mary. When the mother cries at the death of her son, that's what touches her the most. That's also what made her shed tears during The Passion of the Christ. I guess there's a scene near the end when Mary has flashbacks of Jesus when He was a young boy. That's what really touched her heart during this movie!

At that point, I wanted to shed some tears of my own. I have witnessed to her hundreds of times, and I know I had a perfect opportunity right there, but nothing came out. At that point, it was time to head back to our desks. Also, today was her last day before her one week vacation. She is leaving to Cuba tonight, which worries me even more. On the bright side, that gives me more time to hammer away at Mitchelle during Virg's absence, like that when Mitchelle gets saved, we can both hammer away at Virg upon her return!!

What about the FATHER! What about JESUS CHRIST Himself. Jesus never spoke of His mother, in fact, He always called her woman. He did not speak of Joseph either, but only spoke of His HEAVENLY FATHER.

Luk 2:48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. Luk 2:49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Everything is in that Holy Bible. The King James Bible has been around since 1611. It is so sad that, even until this day, millions of people, self proclaimed Christians, have still not read that precious book, which is Truth, but anything and everything else goes.

We have a tract called Mary's commandment for Catholics. At that point, I felt like coming home, grabbing a thousand copies of them, head back downtown, get to all the Cathedrals, stand at the door and pass each and every single one of them. Now I'm really pumped to go tract passing, or stand with the men from our church and hear some street preaching, while passing out those tracts, of course!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home