That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Playing Office Manager

Whenever my office manager is away, I get to take her place. I love sitting in her office, I pretend it's mine! She's not in today and tomorrow, yippie.

As fun as it is, it's such a big responsibility...and so much stress. I do not like stress, and therefore, I will stick to my day job, daydreaming, haha. Just kidding.

I still think the best job in the world for me, and where I would be happiest and more than satisfied, is a job at church, or at least in God's ministry. I love the feeling of doing something that MATTERS. And the only thing that does matter is the Lord's work.

And yet, somebody has to witness to the peoeple outside our church, which is also the Lord's work. Honestly, the best things that have happened to me with this office, are the opportunities that I have had to share the gospel. And the best thing that could happen, is for somebody to get saved and start living their life for Jesus Christ.

I am therefore very thankful for the Lord. I get to go to church and serve as much as I can. I'm in a very good church. And I also get to do some personal training in the world, not always a peice of cake, but it does MATTER. I just want to add that I'm also very thankful for weekends.

.....oooh, must get back to work now!

6 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    You seem to be a very faithful witness for Christ.

     
  • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:15:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Between you and Carey we have a "boss" and an "office manager". No games played here.

     
  • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Matthew, you have no idea how often I "bomb". It's the worst feeling in the world when you have a perfect opening but get frightened and not open your mouth. You don't get over that easily. Even worst when you do or say something stupid when the people around you know you are saved. My prayer is to be a faithfull witness, and I know he's working on me.

    Consecrated, I only get to play office manager once in a while. The best part is sitting in her office at her desk. Oh and going to the bank!!! She knows I like it :)

     
  • At Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Would you pretend to be me if I am not at home? You know. You could do a few things around the house. hahahaha. Just teasing.

     
  • At Friday, March 31, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    *chuckle* Yeah, I'm vice-mom when my mother isn't around. Jeremy teases me sometimes and says, "Yes, mommy."

    Sarah, I know what you mean. Your job has an entirely different flavor when you know it matters. But remember, even office jobs matter (even if they are extremely boring).

     
  • At Friday, March 31, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks, Carey.

    Actually, my office job is not boring at all. I do a little bit of everything, which makes it interesting. Law firms are exciting, trust me.

    And the staff is a young one. They're a little bit crazy, maybe that's why I get along with them so much! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home