That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Crazy Street Preaching Adventure

What a day! Right after the morning service, we gathered up, grabbed a bite and headed downtown for street preaching / tract passing. The men knew that they may not be able to do any preaching, since there was the St-Patrick's day parade downtown. And sure enough....

Luckily, we had brought loads of tracts with us. I had never been to the St-Patrick's parade, cuz, obviously, I have no Irish blood in me. We all knew, however, that we were sure to run into drunkards. At first, while the parade was trotting down the street it wasn't so bad. Most of the tracts were being thrown on the floor, but at least, I only saw but a couple of people with stupid beer, but that didn't last long. I kept on thinking, why would people bring their kids to this!???? I know it's a parade, fun, woohoooo, but everybody knows that the St-Patrick's parade = people getting drunk!!!!!!!!!!! You do NOT bring your children to this. YOU shouldn't even go to this.

When the parade was over and people took to the streets, never in my life had my eyes seen such a sinful city. I can't even tell you if I was MAD or just really really really SAD!!! Bunch of drunk young people. The city reaked booze and joints. It is so disgusting, I can't even describe it. We got mocked so much....When the parade was over, Remy, the man in charge of the street preaching, held his Bible up high and started preaching. In case you don't know (I didn't), Saint Patrick was apparently a born again preacher, so all of our men fed on that.

I won't describe the things that occured, because it's too vulgar. But Remy just kept on preaching as we were passing tracts. He was wise though, and only preached for about 5 minutes. You can't talk to drunk people about anything, much less the Lord. It broke my heart. So many people were saying how proud they were that they were going to hell....if they only knew...a young girl (drunk, with stupid beer in her hand, and obiously high on something) told me that the devil lives in her. I feel like crying as I'm posting this. If it touches my soul and my heart so much, how much more the Lord.........

However, through all this chaos, a lot of tracts went out and lots of people put them in their pockets. I really pray they read it. I got approached by this French (drunk) fellow, and I couldn't even make up one word he was saying. I just told him to take the tract, put it in his pocket and read it in the morning.

I was so sad for the city of Montreal, I'm telling you, it reaked alcohool, it was just nasty.

I am so thankful for my church people!!!!! They're so great. I did have a good time, it was fun spending the day all together serving the Lord. Each day, I'm more and more thankful for my church.

Please pray that some wise people will read the tracts. If one soul gets saved out of all of this, it is worth it all.

12 Comments:

  • At Sunday, March 19, 2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    I pray that your efforts bear much fruit, Sarah. That must have been so frustrating, but I'm sure the Lord will bless what you have done. There is such consolation in that.

    BTW, I want to come on a street preaching adventure with you.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 3:51:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    It sounds a disturbing sight.

    I am not sure if I have preached in conditions that bad.

    God Bless

    Matthew

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 8:47:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks, Carey. I'd love for you to come with us.

    Matthew, it was a disturbing sight, but nevertheless, I am glad we went.

    Thank you both for coming over to my blog :)

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Lol, I got asked at work if I went to see the parade.

    I was holding back the laughter...I said yes, but for much different reasons. This is so funny you guys!!!!!!

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 11:51:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    I will only want to add this incident or two. As I talked to one fellow, he asked to take a picture of him and me. So we both posed infront of the camera, and I added, I just hope that this picture will not paraded infront of you on judgement day when God will prove to you that he had tried to reach out to you.

    Another fellow wanted to pull my leg so he asked "Is it a sin to be existentialist". It is Stupid, I answered. Immediately I got his attention and I was able to witness to him for about ten minutes. Finally he took a tract from me "Eternal Life is a free Gift" hid it in his pocket as he ruhsed back to his friends who had been calling him.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 6:02:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    For their sakes, I do hope that God gets their attention.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 6:11:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Judgment day shall be a sad day for many...

    It's stupid...lol, good answer. Amen, at least he put the tract in his pocket. Often it's the people you least except that end up getting saved.

    May the Lord work on their hearts.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 7:25:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    This was a hi5 right between the eyes when I attacked his ego. Of course it is stupid to think that we only live this life and then die and disappear into nothingness.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    It is stupid and depressing actually.

    So many teens take their own life away because they have nothing to live for. They believe this is as good as it gets...

     
  • At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Carey said…

    I'm very glad this isn't all there is. How depressing that would be!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    So true, Carey.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:45:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    what happened to your blog, Carey?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home