That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Life of a Christian

As believers, we speak the believer talk.

I guess I say "Amen" a lot, thanks to my church. So much so it even comes out at work now. My office manager gave me some good news today, and I responded with Amen!

I'll never forget my college graduation rehearsal. When they called up my best friend's name (from school) I shouted Amen. Everyone turned around and stared. Ha, but that's not nearly as bad as when I supposedly "offended Mary". My school looked like the White House. It was a nun's convent, actually. But they rented half of it to my school. They also rented some fancy gala rooms for conferences and such, hence, my graduation ceremony took place in one of those rooms. Go figure, there was a big Mary statue. We had a Jewish girl by the name of Sura (yep, with an u) who refused to attend because of that thing. I should have done the same. Now behind the statue, there was some sort of a closet. So when I learned Sura was offended by the idol, I shouted "well just put the thing in the closet, it's just a statue".

Aha, you should have heard the murmurs! The day of my grad my mother, along with my 2 best friends attended. I warned them about the idol, and of my so called offense. So when the ceremony was over, everyone went outside for some champagne, ooh la la, but my friends and I went back inside and took pictures of us trying to shove the statue into the closet. Ok, it was funny then, but we're all a whole lot more mature now...

Also, last halloween, the girls from my office asked me if I still went trick or treating. I said that I've not been "tract passing" since I was 14 and since I met the Lord. (Well I got saved at 7, but I only understood better and started my walk with the Lord 7 years later)

But the funniest goes to my mother. I don't remember the details, but once, she was asked to count something and she went "Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus". Lol, she cracked me up when she told me that story.

Ah the fun perks of being a Christian, I love it. Amen!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home