That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, March 10, 2006

My One "Regret"

Fridays at work are know as "crazy burn out Fridays", but I like it that way. It's fun being busy.

In order to keep our sanity, we like to go out to lunch somewhere nice every Friday. For some reason, today just did not work out. I ended up going to a little dinner downstairs of our building with my friend Virginia.

I'm pretty close to her. She's a little bit older than myself, 28 in a few weeks. She's an Italian, but very simple girl. I think we have similar personalities. I know she's been down lately. Long story short, but her and her fiance broke up over Christmas time! I always told her that it was a blessing in disguise. Her boyfriend is a Latin American MORMON!!!!

I had witnessed to her, but not nearly as much as I ought to. So today over lunch time, she brings it up. I love it when they get it started!!! She asks about my church. Now Virg is a smoker, and I hate and absolutely despise smoke. For some reason, I compromised and sat in the smokers' section with her.

Obviously, she's Roman Catholic. Praise God, the Holy Spirit got a hold of me, and I witnessed to her for probably 30 minutes. She was all ears asking me all the questions I wanted her to ask. She even asked me for my testimony. It was so cool. Especially sitting in the smokers' section, I was purposely speaking loud. I felt like I wanted all the people to hear. And I'm super shy! Trust me, it was the Lord.

Now my only regret is that I did not have a Bible on me...or so I thought. I have a small New Testament with me in my drawer at work. I kept on telling her that when we go upstairs I would show her the verses cuz she needs to read them for herself and believe. But we can't really chat during work time. I was so mad at myself, I brought my Bible so that I would not be caught in a situation like that. I don't like witnessing without a Bible. But O how stupid am I!!!!!!!!!!! It totally escaped me that last week (or was it the week before) I put another New Testament in my purse. Why? Because I wanted to be prepared and never get caught in a situation without a Bible....and how did I manage to forget that it was in my purse all this time and get caught in such a situation ....because I stink, it's all. Haha

No really though, thankfully the Lord spoke through me. I know she was all ears. She was teary at one point, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. When it was time to hed back, she said "ok, so Monday, lesson #2". That's right, and next time, I will remember that I have a Bible in my purse and will show her God's Word from His own Holy Book.

Praise God, I was in such a state of bliss after that. Now that's the kind of conversation I enjoy!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home