That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, February 27, 2006

Dwelling in the Secret Place of the Most High

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him I will trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisom pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust, his trust shall be they shield and buckler. ~ Psal 91:1-4
I was earnestly trying to understand where or what is the "secret place", so I decided to do a little bit of research.
The "secret place" turns out to be the shelter of an eagle's wings, or most likely, the shelter of God's own wings . There are many references to this, starting with Exodus 19:4 - I bare you on eagles' wings". Take a look at the following verses:
~ The Lord recompenses thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust. Ruth 2:12
~Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings. Ps. 17:8
~ How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. Ps. 36:7
~In the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge. Ps.57:1

There are many more verses as such, however, the most obvious, is in verse 4 of this very chapter, making mention of "his feathers" and "under his wings".
How do we dwell in the secret place of the Most High? How do we abide under the shadow of the Almighty? I believe prayer is the key. I remember as a child, all of us grandkids would sit in our grandfather's laps and he would cover us with his coat. It's probably the sweetest memory I have of him. I felt warm, secure, and best of all, I felt loved and close to him! Intimate prayer with the Lord is a lot as such.
I called this blog "That I May Know Him" because that truly is my heart's desire. To Know Him, to love Him, to worship Him and to Honor Him in every aspect of my life. How else would I accomplish that but through prayer and through reading His Word. My biggest downfall is my lack of trust in Him, that He can truly accomplish something great with my life. My prayer is for the Lord to help my unbelief.
My encouragment to this comes in verse 4 of this chapter - under His wings shalt tou trust! I encourage all to dwell in the secret place of the Most High and to abide under the shadow of the Almigty. Our Heavenly Father will take good care of us!!!

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home