That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Week in Review

I had a good, though very long week. Work has been so crazy busy, that by thursday I had lost my mind. At lunch time, I stepped out to Tim Hortons to get a sandwich and a coffee. My office manager, Joanne, asked me to get her something too, but she also wanted a soup. When I got to Tims, I called her to ask which kind of soup she wanted, and 2 minutes later, I'm getting her a sandwich (the wrong one) an FORGOT about the soup. But for some reason, I got her a donut!!!! Luckily, she knows me well, and has a really good sense of humour.

Friday was just as bad. I have this thing now in the morning that as I'm having breakfast I watch the news. And what was on the news? Another mining accident in West Virginia, but it took me about 10 minutes to figure out that it was ANOTHER incident. I was really confused when I saw the governor giving a breifing. I was thinking, "didn't this happen 2 weeks ago, what day are we." Then in the evening, we have AWANA at church every friday night at 7. People start arriving around 6:30, but since I go straight from work I get there at 6:15. I'm the one with the key, but I hate opening the church cuz of the alarm....with my luck, I know I'll set it off!!! So I usually wait for Dan (u know, Dan & Donna and their two girls, Ashley and Amanda), since he's always the first to arrive. But last night he was late, and by 6:45 there was nobody! So I called Dan in a panic and utter confusion on his cell asking him what day we were!!! Turns out he was on his way in....he made fun of me all night long...lol

You can see why I took today (saturday) as a sabbatical. I didn't go tract passing...and I'm not sure if anyone went. But I hate not going, for whatever exuse...my day felt very empty. I love saturday tract passing, it's the highlight of my week...I already can't wait for next saturday.

Mom left yesterday and will be back on the 30th. Please pray for traveling mercies and opportunities to witness during her travel.

That's it for me,

God Bless,
Sarah

10 Comments:

  • At Saturday, January 21, 2006 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Hey Sarah,
    I am really sorry to hear about your bad day yesterday. I arrived safety in Costa Rica.

    Glad to know that you stayed home today.

    I love you a lot and I hope you will get by safely this week. Hang in there, mama won´t be long.

    Could not call you but I found a way to communicate with you.

     
  • At Sunday, January 22, 2006 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Lol, you're too funny.

    Friday wasn't a bad day, just confusing, but a good day though. After Awana, we went to eat at Burger King (Dan plus family and Carlo plus family). Not crazy about junk food, but the company was nice.

    Church morning service went well. Pastor Larry is back!

    I hope you have an excellent week and enjoy your time in Costa Rica!

    Luv u too,
    Sarah

     
  • At Monday, January 23, 2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    You can e-mail me to my icao account. Will check my account from time to time.

    I am dong fine. started working in ACSA. All is well.
    Planning to go see the volcano on Saturday.
    Did you manage to find trasnportation to church yesterday.

    Take care.
    Mama Leila

     
  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Congrats on the new prime minister. Got lots to tell you. God is working miracles over here.
    Love you.
    Mom.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:11:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    got your e-mail. Will be praying for your girlfriend. God saw fit that there is a Baptist born again believer here at ACSA. He was so excited. Going with him to church Thursday night. Today I find another baptist at the office. God is showering me with love.
    Love you. Mom

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Wow that is so great to hear. Me too I got lots to tell you. Nothing too exciting though.

    My work load keeps on getting heavier and I have stress pains in my stomach from trying to keep up with everything. I'm wondering if maybe I should take a vacation week in March or something, I need a BREAK. But God is giving me strengh and encouragement.

    Like yesterday (tuesday) just giving my colleague those 2 tracts made my day. Thanks for praying for her. Her name is Michelle.

    Then, George called me!!!! That truly was a touch of God. I find it such a blessing having a brother like him, and a mom like you.

    Gotta for now, we'll stay in touch.

    Luv ya

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:46:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Hang in there cherie. We will get the car when I come home, and we'll start training.

    Sorry to hear about your workload. Pls. talk to Johanne about it.

    There are nice T-shirts over here. Planning to get you a couple. any color preference.
    Love.
    Mom

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks for your support mom.

    T-shirts, eh, nice, eh...color? Well I love red, white, blue and even black!

    Thanks in advance.

    Talk to ya lata

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Hey that was fast. Are you on line. Can't wait to come back and hug you and squish you. lol. believ it or not.
    Missing you BIG TIME. Got tears in my eyes now. LOVE YOU LOTS SWEETHEART. OKAY. Mama won't be much longer.

     
  • At Wednesday, January 25, 2006 10:34:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Awwwweee mom, now I got tears in my eyes, snif, snif.

    I really miss you too. I cannot wait for my hug! People at the church miss you. Thou art love, mother!!!

    Especially by your daughter!!!!!!!!

    Bye for now

     

Post a Comment

<< Home