That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, January 02, 2006

What a merciful Saviour

As I already mentioned, I am very thankful that during this vacation I got to spend time in prayer and in Bible reading.

I now realize how the devil can keep us so busy that we forget to spend some quality time with the Lord. It's not just about lack of time, it's about fatigue. Between juggling work, and even servicing in the church, I feel so drained by the time I get home. I will, however, accept much responsibility for that.

My prayer for 2006 till all the days of my life, is that the Lord will cast down all my personal idols (i.e. internet, television, phone, etc.), and anything that takes precious time away from my God. Nothing should come in between my Lord and I. In 2005, I made Jesus as an "acquantance" instead of my Heavenly Father with whom I commune on day to day basis. That's not showing love to someone whom you claim you love very much. I thank Him for being a merciful Lord, and for forgiving me of my sins over and over again.

Jesus Christ is coming soon. I have wasted quite a few days of my youth on lousy earthly goods, instead of investing in Heavenly and eternal goods. I fear the judgment seat of Christ because I know I have not done my best for Jesus. I know you can't lose your salvation, for we are saved by grace, but we can lose our rewards.

The reason why I am sharing all this with you is because I want to thank God for making me aware of all my flaws, and for perfecting me. I received a blood donation when I accepted Christ as my Saviour, but I still needed a heart transplant. I thank Him for His heart. It's funny, and shameful actually, how we ought to be His servants, yet He serves us greater and much better than we deserve. What a wonderful and merciful God!

Praise be to God in the Highest,

God Bless

3 Comments:

  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:17:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    I rejoice to see the growth in you. When we get to heaven and give an account of our lives we will see how much better we could have done. Glad to know that you have arrived at that spiritually responsible level where you want to honour God first and foremost in your life.

    May the Lord continue to bless you as you continue to walk faithfully in the fear of the Lord and in obedience to the heavenly counsel.

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:20:00 PM, Blogger Revelation 2:17 said…

    some solid doctrine, praise God. congratulations on your blog, may the Lord sanctify it

     
  • At Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    I love you both very much. I believe that much of my growth is thanks to your prayers.

    It's such a blessing having a consecrated mother unto God, and well I couldn't come up with anything for revelation...but it's a blessing having you as my brother!!!!

    I too always keep you both in prayer. Rev. I miss you very much....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home