That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, March 13, 2006

Are you poor and needy

When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. Isaiah 41:17

I had a hard day today, not a bad one, just hard. Days as such make me feel weak, and maybe a little sad too. Two feelings which I hate. I don't appreciate it when people step in and try to make you feel small so that they can walk all over you.

That's why I have to remember that I'm in the Lord's army. *I usualy tend to remember things like that muuuchhhhh later.* I just read David and Goliath a few nights ago.

~Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou has defiled. 1 Samuel 17:45

Powerful words. Maybe I sound a little extremest to take a bad day and apply verses like that, but it's how I find comfort, and STRENGTH. I remember the God whom I serve. He is strong!

I always feel needy and thirsty. I need to know God's word much better than I do because that's how I often let my guards down. I need to quench my thirsting spirit. I'm not sure what it's thirsting for, and yet, when I come to the Lord, the feeling goes away. Maybe it's for more time with Him.

The Lords keeps His promises. There is comfort in His promises. The God of Israel promises to hear me and not to forsake me. He is a righteous judge, and I shall plead my case to Him. I know He will hear me and will come through. I already feel stronger...and happier too.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home