That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Just a random thought

For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in Heaven. Psalm 119:89

I've often wondered what will "happen" to the Bible when all this is over. I don't know what I would do here on earth without my Bible. God's words are my eyes, my spiritual food and my passion. The Bible is a warning book, a book of teaching and instruction. It is a prophetical book. It has a purpose of redeeming God's people back to Christ their Lord. However, there will not be sin nor folly in Heaven. And what will happen to it when the Scripture is fulfilled? My hope for this present life lies in God's precious Word, His precious promise that He's coming to take me away. At times, I get so anxious and so excited that I feel like my soul is actually about to take off. I want to dwell with Christ my Redeemer for all eternity.

But what about the Bible? Does God have a Bible right now with Him in Heaven? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I keep thinking about it. I like to think that just like we read of the Book of Life in Revelation, that God probably has His own special copy of the Bible.

There is also the classic passage:

Heaven and earth shall pass, but my words shall not pass away. Matt 24:35

Thy word is settled
and my words shall not pass away. Is that referring to the Bible? I think so.

Going back to Psalm 119:89. Forever thy Word is settled in Heaven. I just had another thought. We know that Jesus Christ is the Word. Maybe this verse has a double meaning.

What are your thoughts on this?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home