That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, March 17, 2006

My New Bible....At Last

I don't normally have lousy weeks, but this one was pretty lousy. Yish, so glad it's over with.

I did, however, want to end it on a good note. We normally have Awana on Firday nights, but today was a night off due to Spring break. After work, I went to a Christian bookstore about 10 minutes away from my building. It's really not the greatest bible bookstore, but good enough to find King James Bibles, and it's nearby, which is pretty neat.

At last, I'm an owner of a Scofield Study Bible (KJV of course). I wasn't certain if I wanted a Scofield Study Bible at first (I know he's not always 100% right on, but then again, who is), but last summer, while flipping through my brother's Bible I got convinced that, indeed, that's what I wanted.

I am super happy! I also got a new Bible cover. Originally, I was supposed to go clothe shopping, but after my Bible purchase, I was so excited to just come home and personlize it. I was also supposed to meet up with friends from work for coffee, but one of the girls is a Jehovah' s witness, and that's another story for another post. All I wanted was to get my Bible and come home.

Firdays are usually very long days, though loads of fun, thanks to Awana...and also cuz it's the weekend!!!! But it's so nice to just come home and "chillax".

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home