That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I can't stop thinking about this

A few a weeks ago, again while tract passing at the metro, I went to pick up some of our tracts that had been thrown down on the ground.

In one hand, I had the tract "Eternal life is a Free Gift" and as I was kneeling down, I noticed a different tract that was definitely not ours. It was a thick pamphlet, an invitation for the St-Joseph's oratory, which is the biggest touristic Catholic church in Montreal. I have visited the church a few times in the past. It's a very sad scene. People climb the stairs on their knees thinking the Lord is pleased with such "humbling" behaviour.

Anywho, the cover for the pamphlet read "$2 for entrance". How ironic, I thought. Here I had Eternal life is a free gift in one hand, and St-Joseph's oratory charging $2 for entrance in the other hand.

I showed that tract to one of the faithful fellows that comes every Saturday. Then I just threw it in the garbage. I later told Brian, our associate Pastor.

I find this very disturbing. Millions have their eyes blinded to the truth, and millions refuse the free gift of grace and choose to pay their own ticket, which leads to a lie, death and hell.

2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

Our ticket to Heaven is simple and it's free. It's grace! The Lord Jesus Christ paid the price.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Praise the Lord that He has made Eternal Life a Free Gift and may the vail be done away with all our loved ones that still have not come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home