That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, April 01, 2006

It is not religion, it's salvation

This is the second consecutive Saturday during tract passing that I get approached by the same French lady. Basically, it's the same scenario as last week. "What is this", she wants to know. I tell her that this is the Word of Jesus Christ from the Bible. She replies in French "I am well in my Catholic religion" and simply walks away. Now you would think if she is Catholic, hence a so-called Christian, she would not mind someone handing her a tract containing Biblical verses.

Today, about half an hour after that lady's encounter, I get approached by another woman (in English this time). She just stops in front of me for a few seconds, and then says "why don't you join my religion." As she walks away, I tell her that this is not about religion, but about her soul's salvation.

I just wish and pray that people realize that we do not do this every Saturday in hopes of forcing them in joining our religion, or our church. We are simply following Christ's commandment to preach His word.

Jesus Christ is our greatest ensample and we ought to follow in His footsteps. He was anointed by God the Father to preach and to teach the Word of God to all the sinners of the world, and that includes us all.

Luk 4:18-19 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

I just wish and pray that people realize that this is not about religion, but about their salvation!

Act 13:26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

In the end, there is only one true "religion", and that is the Lord Jesus Christ.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home