That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, March 29, 2007

There's Work to be Done!

God did not save us just to warm up a pew bench on Sundays. Oh no, He saved us to have intimacy with Him and to work with Him in the beauty of His holiness. When He said, "Be ye holy" it was not a request, but a commandment. And God doesn't command us to do anything that He won't empower us to do.

He gave us Life that we may LIVE for Him. There’s work to be done.

The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Luke 10:2

Let us labour for our Master and, in due season, we will reap our harvest!

9 Comments:

  • At Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:49:00 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    Great thoughts as always.

    "God doesn't command us to do anything that He won't empower us to do"

    This is hard to get across to some.

    Thanks Sister! ;-)

     
  • At Friday, March 30, 2007 4:15:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    There is a great hymn entitled 'There's a work for Jesus ready at your hand'. I have only sung it once and so I am not sure on the tune.

     
  • At Friday, March 30, 2007 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    KC, thanks! We should never forget that we can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth us!

    Matthew, I've never even heard of that hymn. I just might google it later, when I have some time.

     
  • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 12:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen, Jesus says..."Occupy till I come".

     
  • At Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    You reminded me of something I heard:

    There's two kinds of Christians--the waterbottle and the waterfall Christians. The waterbottle Christians go to church and fill up their waterbottle with water. Then they close the cap and go home, and take a drink out of it every once in a while. The waterfall Christians, on the other hand, function differently. They fill up their reservoir, and then, unlike the waterbottle Christians, they overflow!

     
  • At Sunday, April 01, 2007 3:03:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Amen, Byran.

    Hi Joe. Great analogy, thanks for sharing that!

     
  • At Sunday, April 01, 2007 6:39:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    Guess what?! I got into UCLA UCSD and UCI!!! Praise the Lord!

     
  • At Monday, April 02, 2007 2:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah, These are wonderful thoughts. We have so much to do for Christ and I am convinced what we do we better do quickly. I think the Lord's return is not far away. Great post.

     
  • At Monday, April 02, 2007 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Joe, Praise the Lord. That is great news, I'm so happy for you!! Soooo...which have you chosen, let me know. I have a feeling UCLA...right!? I'm so excited, you have to let me know. Bravo Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Hi Amy. Thank you so much for your kind comment. I agree, our King of Kings is coming soon. Amen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home