That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, March 17, 2007

“Keep me as the apple of the eye”


In Psalm 17:8, King David asks the Lord to:

"Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me under the shadow of Thy wings"

Doesn’t that make for a wonderful prayer? Asking the Lord to hide us as the “apple of eye!” To be the apple of one's eye is to be very precious or dear to that person. That is what we should be striving for, reaching for, to please our Savior above all else, so He will look upon us as the apple of His eye!

In Proverbs 7:2 we are told to "keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye." In other words, WE are to obey God's teachings in the right way and to keep His commandments as the apple of our eye. His commandments are to be precious and dear in our sight. If we heed to God’s word, He just might keep us as the “apple of his eye”.

Not to mention that the second part of the verse “hide me under the shadow of Thy wings” also makes for a beautiful prayer!

10 Comments:

  • At Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Leonard Teo said…

    Amen!

     
  • At Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:18:00 AM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    I am sorry to interrupt your post in this manner--but i have a prayer request:

    Can you please pray for George Bush. There are a lot of lies and insults being circulated about Iraq, abortion, homosexuality, Christian beliefs, etc... throughout America and the world. And it's all because he professes his belief and dependence on Christ. Please pray that he stands strong and never fails to find safety in Christ.

     
  • At Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice post Sara and that is very true! ... and I really like you blog, its really neat! I have read some of your previous posts, htey are very encouraging.
    talk later, but I have a quick question.. are u going to be able to make it in the summer, I hope u can... your always fun to hang out with.. you are so funny!:)

     
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 5:09:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    Indeed.

     
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 1:24:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hey Leo, Thanks for the encouragement!

    Joe, will pray. Thanks for the reminder to pray for our leaders. Oh...and it's so nice to see you :D

    Hi sweet Danielle. It's really nice to see you here, and thanks for your kind comment. I love hanging out with you and Joe, you're both so much fun! As for the California trip...I am trying to come down in August, Lord willing. Please pray for that because I miss you all SOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH.


    Matthew, kind gentleman, thank you!

     
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 3:29:00 PM, Blogger Cinder said…

    This is indeed a very beautiful prayer...thanks for the reminder today!

     
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 7:07:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    wait--how do you see us? Am I missing something here?

     
  • At Monday, March 19, 2007 9:03:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hi cinder, thanks so much for visitng my blog. Do come again!

    Joe, aha, let me rephrase, nice of you to comment on my blog. 0_0...oh, and :D

    :)

     
  • At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sarah, It is a great encouragement to be reminded of who we are in Christ. This is indeed a beautiful prayer. blessings to you.

     
  • At Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hi Amy, thank you so much for your comment. Blessings to you also.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home