That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Saved!


I will just come right out and say it, although, I feel like shouting it. Mitchelle got saved in church today! Thank you, and praise you, Lord Jesus!

Right now, I am just in awe at the way God works. You see, Mitchelle was supposed to come back to church last Sunday morning, however, she ended up having to cancel. Mitchelle is taking a two-week vacation to Chili with her friend. They were to leave this past Friday, which is why she didn’t come to church last Sunday. She needed to go shopping with her friend in preparation for their trip.

Yes, I was a little disappointed, but if there’s anything I’ve learned by now, it is to leave everything up to the Lord. My only worry was that now that Mitchelle is leaving on Friday and won’t be back for two weeks, she will not be coming to church for quite a while. I took it to the Lord in prayer. As it turns out, it is much cheaper for both Mitchelle and her friend to travel on a Monday, than it is on a Friday. Monday morning Mitchelle announced to me that, in fact, she will travel on the Monday following, which would allow her to come to church this Sunday.

Praise the Lord, she came to church this morning! Right before the service began, she sat on the bench next to me, and my mom was quick to ask her if she was saved yet. Mitchelle smiled and said she doesn’t know. The problem is that Mitchelle believed in her heart that Jesus Christ paid the death penalty for her on the cross, but she didn’t quite understand what to do with that knowledge. Mom told her that it’s a matter of a simple prayer, and before you know it, my mom, Mitchelle and I held hands and prayed.

Mitchelle prayed and said the following (I don’t remember the exact words):

“Lord, I know that I am a sinner, I know that you died for me, and I ask you to give me eternal life and a place in Heaven.”

WOW!!!!!! Keep in mind that this is all taking place before the service had even began, and when it started, we opened with the Hymn I am thine, O Lord. We then sang In the sweet by and by, Whiter than Snow and Standing on the promises. Mrs Judi (Pastor’s wife) then sang a special. She sang about Heaven, and sure enough, Pastor’s message was about Heaven! Mitchelle listened intently and was all smiles. She had just asked for a place in Heaven and she now had proof from the Bible that Jesus Christ granted her request.

Like last time she came to church, she joined me and my church family for lunch. Everybody spoke to her, including myself, and I can assure you that Mitchelle KNOWS that is she ETERNALLY saved and knows and understands that she is now a born-again Christian. She kept repeating how she felt an overwhelming joy and that she really loved the church.

I told Mitchelle to write down today’s date in her Bible and to bring it with her on her trip to read it and to witness to her friend. She says she is looking forward to come back from Chili so that she could come to church again. Mitchelle even knows that she has to tell her sisters and mother about the Lord Jesus Christ. Please pray for a household salvation!

You see Mitchelle had come to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ in her heart and all that was left to do was to confess it with her mouth, which she did today, February 11, 2007, on her bench at Bible Baptist Church.

~For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:10

All I can say is, thank you, Lord, Jesus!

7 Comments:

  • At Sunday, February 11, 2007 6:59:00 PM, Blogger Kc said…

    Praise God! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful news. We'll continue to remember you all as she begins to follow our Lord.

     
  • At Sunday, February 11, 2007 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    May the Lord be praised.

    Please pray for a Canadian English teacher here in Ajigasawa who is attending church and Bible studies, but who is not a Christian.

    God Bless

    Matthew

     
  • At Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    KC, thank you so much for your continued prayers!

    Matthew, Amen. Will certainly be in prayer. Keep up the prayers, and the Lord will save him.

     
  • At Monday, February 12, 2007 6:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amen! God is good, and certainly still in the saving business! Thanks for sharing that.

    I would like to ask you to please pray for my mom and dad. My mom doesn't have a very clear testimony, so I do not believe she is saved. But my dad is NOT saved. Pray for their salvation, please.

    Thanks!

     
  • At Monday, February 12, 2007 12:37:00 PM, Blogger Genesis 3:15 said…

    awesome!

     
  • At Monday, February 12, 2007 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    JOY JOY JOY. What a joyful day it was indeed, yesterday.

    As Mitchelle stood flanked by me and Sarah, I was delighted to hear her sing with all her heart, knowing that she is of Catholic background and most probably she had never heard these hymns ever before.

    I Luke 15:7
    I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

     
  • At Monday, February 12, 2007 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Bryan, will pray for assurance of salvation for your mother, and will pray for your dad to get saved. I’m sure you are concerned for your parents, that has to be difficult. But nothing is too difficult for Christ. Keep praying!

    Joe, it is awesome!

    Mom, it was a blessing to hear her sing those great hymns with all her heart. It was such a great Sunday yesterday. Thank you for all your prayers for Mitchelle!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home