That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, January 20, 2007

I really need prayer for my friend’s salvation


Mitchelle is my co-worker and my really good friend. I have been witnessing to her for just over a year, and although, they may have been but “baby steps”, the Lord has allowed me to place a tract in her hands, give her a Bible, and invite her to church numerous times. She’s read the tract, she’s read a little bit in her Bible, but she has not come to church yet. Every Sunday, there is an “obstacle” and se is unable to come.

She “almost” came to church last Sunday evening, and though I may have been discouraged that she didn’t, I quickly had to trust in God that He wants her to come on an appointed day that she may hear a certain message that will specifically speak to her.

The reason why I am so keen for wanting her to come to church is because she’s heard about Jesus Christ from myself only, and I want her to hear the Word of God preached by a Man of God, not just from some girl at work whose testimony is a bit shaky at times…I want Mitchelle to get SAVED, and I want her to be live for Christ. She’s my friend, and I don’t want her to be another case of “almost persuaded”.

I don’t know why I am so nervous about this. All I know is I am burdened for her. I am even burdened for her family. I want Mitchelle, her two sisters and mother to be born again.

All week, Mitchelle has been saying that she is determined to come to church this Sunday. I now just hung up the phone with her and she has confirmed that she will be coming in the morning. Please pray that she does show up! Maybe tomorrow is the day of her salvation. Please, Lord Jesus, may it be so.

~Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. 2 Cor 6:2

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Kc said…

    Praying

     
  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 11:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking for Bible-Believing, Fundamental Church in Montreal


    Hi Sarah,

    My apologies for hijacking this thread...I couldn't find any other way of contacting you on Blogger. >_<

    My name is Leonard, I'm 27, I just moved to Montreal two and a half weeks ago from Australia. I'm looking for a fundamental Bible-Believing church to worship at in Montreal.

    Can you please help? I'd like to know of Fundamental Bible-Believing churches here in Montreal, if you can recommend any.

    I was previously worshipping at a Bible-Presbyterian church in Adelaide - Hope BP Church (http://www.hopebpc.com), you can read about Bible-Presbyterian Distinctives here (http://www.lifefebc.com/ourchurch/bpdistinctives.htm).

    Believe it or not, I found your blog by searching for "Montreal bible-believing churches".

    Could you please email me? I'd really appreciate the help!
    teo.leonard@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    Leo

     
  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:48:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    I will pray for her.

     
  • At Sunday, January 21, 2007 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks KC and Matthew. I have good news, she came! I will publish a little post about it shortly.

    Hi Leonardo, I will be e-mailing you soon. I pray the Lord leads you to the right church. Hope you are enjoying Montreal!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    Praise the Lord. How often do you see people looking for Bible Believing fundamental churches?

    Hope to see you at our church, Leo. I am sure Sarah would recommend our church as the best in town.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home