That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, January 08, 2007

The thought of foolishness


Think about it for a moment. God describes FOOLISHNESS as the WISDOM of the world.

~For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain. 1 Co 3:19-20

In contrast to Heavenly wisdom (James 3:14-17), worldly wisdom exalts self and trusts in the wicked deeds of the flesh. Even though, the schools, cultures, governments, media and religions endorse and promote this “wisdom of the world”, the Lord considers it to be nothing but foolishness.

In Proverbs 24:9 we read that “the thought of foolishness is sin.” And in Matthew 9:4 Christ says that man thinks in his heart (Matt 9:4). The thought of foolishness, therefore, is a heart problem. God also says that as a man “thinketh in his heart, so is he”.

This really bothers me. This means that every time I have a "thought of foolishness" the Lord must think I am fool, not to mention that I have sinned against Him. I don’t want to think with my heart, and I don’t want to lust after the wisdom of this world. I want to be overcome by God’s wisdom!

~If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home