That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, December 23, 2006

A time to rest

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecc 3:1
Everybody calls this time of the year “holiday season”, but those who know me well know that I’m not big on christmas, neither is my family nor my church. To me, this is more like “resting season”.

I am off on Monday and Tuesday. I then work on Wednesday and Thursday, which will be very quiet days at the office, and get to have time off on the Friday, Monday and Tuesday after that! That’s some excellent resting time for me for which I am very grateful to the Lord. My plans consist mainly of reading my Bible and spending quality time with my brother and mother. I will also hang out as much as possible with good friends from the church.

I do pray and trust that the Lord will give all my readers and friends a good resting season as well!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home