That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tract!

It is rare for young people to be religious; however, Melissa is a 25 year-old Roman Catholic girl and very deep in her “faith”. She sings in the choir and has even appeared on television. She too, likewise, spends most of her free time in church.

Even though I see Melissa on a daily basis, she works with a notary who is not affiliated with our law firm but just happens to use our premises. It’s good for lawyers to know good notaries because legal documents often need to be notarized.

Going back to Melissa, I have always wanted to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with her, but never had the chance since I don’t work with her. But this week, Melissa has not been feeling very well; probably due to stress. She came in to work today but was feeling even sicker, so she quickly opted to go back home. I told her that she would be in my thoughts and prayers. I know Melissa is an avid reader, which is why I also gave her the French tract “Eternal life is a free gift.”

Please keep this young lady in prayer. May she come to know that is not by works, but by God’s GRACE!

~For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home