That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Drawing nearer to God

The Lord has placed a Psalm on my heart, and it is the following one:

~But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. Psalm 73:28

Christ Jesus has been my only hiding place all my life, but I want to draw near to Him not only in bad times, but at all times. I long to be with him and I thirst to spend more time in His Word.

It’s good to be involved in church activities, helping and serving, and it’s good to keep our responsibilities, such as our jobs, but I feel like I have failed Jesus in so many ways. Do I give to everybody else first, and then give to the Lord? I certainly don’t want to fall into that trap. I must put Christ first in my life and give Him my everything, after all, He laid down His own life for me.

I want to draw near to Him! I long to be with Him! I want the precious name of Jesus Christ to be on my tongue all day. I want to praise Him and tell the whole world what a wonderful Saviour He is. Sometimes, I really wish I could just fly away and truly be
Nearer, my God, to Thee.

~Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. James 4:8

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home