That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, November 02, 2006

We have won the Lottery!

Lost folks who do not have the Lord Jesus Christ as their hope are so caught up with earthly goods, it really breaks my heart. At work, most lawyers and staff participate in collecting money to purchase a lottery ticket. Each week, they hope for the best.

On the train tonight, on my way back home, a young lady sat next to me and the first thing she did was to pull out her lottery ticket and scratch it as fast as she possibly could. Terribly sad…I really should have given her a tract.

How privileged are we to have obtained eternal life through Christ. Our affection is set on things above (Colossians 3:2) and our inheritance is an everlasting one, reserved for us in Heaven.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5

Praise God, for we have won the lottery, big! Our ticket is bought by the precious blood of Jesus Christ who died for us that we might live and lay hold on eternal life. We have the ticket to Heaven, and it’s through Romans 10:13.

Riches and honor are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures. Proverbs 8:18-21

1 Comments:

  • At Saturday, November 04, 2006 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Comment to self (from self):

    I fill up gaz at the same station my mother does. She's bombarded the dude that works there with tracts, and he knows very well that she, my brother and I are all church goers.

    Each time I fill up he asks me if I want to purchase a lottery ticket (even though he already knows my answer). I looked at him today and said "NO, I have already won the lottery with Jesus Christ".

    That felt sooooo good :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home