That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Delighted

I love to meditate upon my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Just the very thought of Him gets me through my days. Only He gives me peace, strength and hope for tomorrow. When I feel “lousy” He reminds me that when I am weak, then I am strong (2Co 12:10).

Where else could I go but to King Jesus. His words soothe and comfort my soul. Each day, I realize more and more that He is my only source of true happiness. As I fixed my heart upon Him tonight, He reminded me of Psalm 37:4:

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
I thank Him for His standing promises. Of a truth, He has given me most desires of my heart, and I know of a certainty that He hath heard my requests. In due time, He will show forth all the riches He’d kept hidden for me, and I will praise Him and declare His goodness among the people.

Here’s another great verse:

~Psalm 145:15-16 The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season. Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

There’s nothing like the Word of Lord to comfort the soul!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home