That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Trusting Jesus Christ

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. Psalm 118:8

Putting confidence in a man will never guarantee us success. If our own heart can fail us, how can another soul also not do the same. Jesus Christ my Lord has proven Himself over and over again to me that He is a trustworthy God. All His precious promises, I have claimed and have obtained. The Lord hath heard my requests, and though I may not hold them all in my hand currently, I know the Lord hath heard my prayers.

My trust is in the Lord Jesus Christ.


And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalm 9:10

5 Comments:

  • At Sunday, September 24, 2006 4:28:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    Who else can one trust?

     
  • At Sunday, September 24, 2006 9:26:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    No one but Jesus!

     
  • At Monday, September 25, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Amen, Barbara. You made me think of the hymn "Trust and Obey". Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!

     
  • At Monday, September 25, 2006 6:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN!!! :)

    Isaiah 2:22 Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?

    Isaiah 40:6-8 All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.

    Psalm 62:7-9 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath.


    http://meowmixx.wordpress.com/2006/07/11/american-idol/

     
  • At Monday, September 25, 2006 7:58:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    wow, amen, thanks for that, Shieryl!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home