That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Dawson shooting

I guess you’ve heard by now about the school shooting here in Montreal. I find this seriously disturbing.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/09/13/shots-dawson.html

There are three main colleges (English colleges, that is) here in Montreal. John Abott, Vanier and Dawson. I attended Vanier College. Anyway, I find this entire incident very unfortunate. Seems like everybody knows somebody attending Dawson College. At work alone, two of the lawyers have their children attending this college, and fortunately, both students are fine. Who knows, maybe the Lord will use this open door for me to tell the parents that the Lord Jesus is the one that kept their children safe.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:16:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    That's always scary stuff. I had not heard about it because I live in a bubble of my own making (I don't listen to the radio, never watch the news and only see news headlines when I stumble across them online). While it's a nice bubble, it's probably not such a good thing to be so out of touch with the world!

    I do hope that this will indeed open doors to share the gospel!

     
  • At Saturday, September 16, 2006 5:59:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hey Angie. Yeh it was on the news, even on cnn. One 18-year old girl has died, and 19 others wonded. The shooter shot himself after being struck by a bullet from the cops in the arm. Go figure. It's going to be difficult for the staff & students to go back to school.

    By the way, love your picture. Nice hair ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home