That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, September 04, 2006

Wicked heart

~Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

This is one of the many verses that we always teach our children at church, whether during Awana, Sunday school and/or children’s church. This morning, as I was doing my Proverbs of the day, I thought that Jeremiah 17:9 ties in beautifully with the verse below:

~Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

It’s scary just how true these verses are. Our heart is deceitful, desperately wicked and out of it are the issues of life!!! Personally speaking (and I’m sure many believers can testify the same), I have gotten myself in a mess before because of my wicked heart. But here, we get some wise and good advice from Proverbs 4. We should keep our heart will all diligence; that is to be very careful when dealing with it.

The only way that I can think of being careful with my heart is by offering it to the Lord in prayer at all times and weighing His advice in all matters of life.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home