That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Verse in my heart

I know we all often wake up with a song in our heart, a hymn really, but this past week, it’s not a hymn, but a verse that has been sown in my heart, morning, noon, evening and night. I know the Lord planted this one for a reason and I do thank Him, because I am in desperate need of His encouragement.

That verse is Psalm 73:26


My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. (Psa 73:26)

Ok, this may have to do with the fact that since my car does not play cds, only tapes, I pulled out all my really old Christian tapes that I basically grew up listening to. Most of these tapes were given me by my grandmother. Anywho, on one of the tapes, there is a song that repeats "God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever". Needless to say, it’s one of my favorites and I blast the music real loud when it plays.

Honestly, Psalm 73:26 is a great verse and I love having it played over and over again in my head.

Our flesh and our heart will OFTEN fail us, but God is the strength of our heart and our portion forever. AMEN! It is truly an encouraging verse to hide in our heart.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home