That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I have been tagged!

Yep, I have been tagged by Angie!

1. One book that changed your life:
This will not come as a shocker. The Holy Bible changed my life. God's Word showed me that I was born in sin, hence a sinner, on my way to death, hell and beyond, and that there was nothing I could do to change that, because the work had already been done. Jesus shed His blood on the cross of Calvary, cried it is finished, rose from the dead and won the victory for me. I accepted His free gift of grace, and I am now on my way to Heaven to spend eternity with my Saviour, Jesus Christ.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
"The Attributes of God" by A.W. Tozer. I highly recommend reading his book.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
King James Bible. Yes, it has to be a King James.

4. One book that made you laugh:
"The Origin of Species" by Charels Darwin. I didn't read it all, I just glanced over it quickly... I was rolling on the floor. Wish he had read His King James Bible.

5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]:
"Well with my Soul" by Rachael Phillips. I just recently read this one, a birthday gift, actually. It's very short. It's the behind-story of four great hymn writers. It's really Horatio Spafford's story that made cry a lot, and I do mean a lot. He's the writer behind the famous Hymn It is well with my soul.

6. One book that you wish had been written:
I can't come up with one. Just really glad we have the Bible.

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
That's a good one!!! There are BILIONS of books that should have never been written. Please consult my anwer for question #4, for example. Oh, and all those agnostic, new age, astronomy, you name it junk books....even some "self-proclaimed christian" books that I see in christian bookstores at times make my stomach turn upside down. For instance, any of Joel Osteen's books, that dude is seriously messed up.

8. One book you’re currently reading:
"The Sure Word of Prophecy" by Peter Ruckman. Will start this one tonight and I can't hardly wait to dig my teeth into it.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
There are quite a few, but I will have to go with "Foxe's book of Martyrs". I know it's MUST read for all Christians, but every time I glance at it, I lack guts to actually pick it up. There's a book that will make anyone cry.

10. Now tag five people:
I believe everybody I know at this point has been tagged. But this was fun!

11 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Interesting stuff. Not a big fiction reader, if your list here is any reflection on your reading habits. I'm on a fiction kick right now. I think I've read 3 books (not counting anything less than 40 pages, or the number would be up a bit higher since I do pick up short children's books at work and read through them quickly) in the last two weeks or something like that and started another one today. Sigh...I just love to read for fun!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    I am not sure I particularly want to read Foxe's 'Book of Martyrs'.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Which of my books do you consider fiction, Angie? I was never an avid reader, until recently. I am, however, very careful and picky with the books I choose to read. I do wish that I had read a lot more books when I was younger. Guess I have a lot of catching up to do. Reading a good book is fun!

    Matthew, why is that?

     
  • At Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:00:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    It does not interest me that much.

    I prefer to read stuff that gives me a better understanding of Scripture.

    I am sure it is inspiring.

    God Bless

    Matthew

     
  • At Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:03:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    yeh, I understand that. As for me, I think I need to read a good balance of both. Just reading Acts and the boldness of the apostles inspires me!

     
  • At Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:24:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Barbara, I find it wonderful that you are reading it with your son.

    As for Joel Osteen and people of his species, lol, that's why I call them "self-proclaimed christians".

     
  • At Friday, August 11, 2006 12:09:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Well, Sarah, none of your books are officially considered fiction, although a few might as well be (ahem, Origin of Species). ;) I think my list was mostly fiction!

     
  • At Friday, August 11, 2006 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    lol, yes, Darwin's book is definitely fiction.

     
  • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Father's Grace Ministries said…

    Hi there!
    I'm a King James girl too! I got so fed up with all the missing bits in all the modern translations,after wasting a lot of money over the years on different bibles I finally went back to the KJV.For a long time I thought I would struggle with the language- but that turned out to be a lie from the enemy.Even my hubby has now switched from his NASB to KJV.We don't use anything else now.
    I've read "Well with my Soul" too & was very blessed. I did a post on my blog on that & other books from the same series.
    Blessings,
    Claire

     
  • At Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:17:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Hi Claire,
    It's nice to meet you and thanks for visiting my blog.

    I wasn't always a King James Bible believer, until I started asking why so many different translations. I have no problem with its English either. I am Lebanese, who's first language is French, then Arabic and then Enlgish, and I have no problem "understanding" it. lol I now attend a KJV only Bible church with my mother and brother.

    I shall have to visit your blog soon. Thanks again for coming my way. God bless,
    Sarah

     
  • At Monday, February 05, 2007 4:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home