That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, July 24, 2006

Follow Jesus

Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

This is the verse that brought me on my knees when I was 14 and which marked the debut of my walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. Even today, it rings powerfully in my ear.

Each day I thank Him that He saved my soul from hell and I now have an eternal life to look forward to. I am glad that I put the world behind me, and the cross before.

I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back
Tho no one join me, still I will follow, no turning back, no turning back
The world behind me, the cross before me, no turning back, no turning back.

Matthew 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, July 24, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I pray for my friends who do not yet understand this concept. May God save their souls!

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:22:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    That is wonderful that you are a true discple of Christ.

    It is important to bear in mind that you are not saved by deciding to follow Jesus, but by trusting in Him for eternal life.

    Matthew 16:24-26 is addressed to the disciples who already believed. It is vital that we do not confuse the call to discipleship with the free offer of eternal life.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, that is a powerful call to discipleship! I too am glad you heard it and that God showed you how to become his disciple. May you continue to grow in his grace and love.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Angie, keep being a faithful witness and the Lord will save your friends.

    Matthew, you are right. Salvation is accepting Jesus Christ as your Saviour. However, I have also dedicated my life to His service, and the blessings thereof are countless.

    Shieryl, thank you. May the Lord teach us all to always walk by in His ways.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home