That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, July 06, 2006

I am touched

It felt really nice to be among my church family once again at the prayer meeting yesterday evening. I missed everybody, especially the little children and the little ladies!

One of the little ladies, Anika, is 16 years old and has a heart of gold. Her family has been experiencing serious monitary problems for almost two years now. The father is on disability, the mother has certain health issues, and they have four children still living at home. When the problems started last summer, they still managed to get me a birthday gift. I was moved. And they didn't fail to do so this year again, as I walked in the church yesterday, Anika quickly handed me a gift with a card she had personally made. Once again, I was moved, and speechless. This is the family who at times feared not being able to make it to church because they were not able to afford the gaz for their van....

Did I mention that it's a very nice gift too, sort of a gift basket, with a very nice blue bracelet, chocolate and two christian books. One of the books tells about four dramatic stories of great hymn writers, it is called Well with my Soul.

This kind of selfless gesture really touches and moves you. I am so thankful for the only King James Bible believing church in Montreal and am glad to fellowship with my church family once again!

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home