That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Cleave unto Him

Deu 10:20 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name.

Deu 30:20 That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days.

What a beautiful motto to live by and a good reminder. To cleave is to adhere closely and loyally.

Often times, the temptations and distractions of this world, which are of the devil, get a hold of me, and I lose my focus and forget my first love, Jesus Christ. The desire of my heart is to fear, serve, love, obey and to cleave unto Him all the days of my life. We serve a faithful Master, and it is only logical that we ought to serve Him faithfully. My prayer is that I serve Him as a loyal soldier of the cross, and that I cleave unto Him until the very end.

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

3 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 2:02:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Cleave is also used in Genesis 2:24: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

    Certainly this would tell me that a relationship of cleaving is meant to last! The relationship that Jesus Christ has with the church is likened unto marriage. If a man cleaves to his wife, Jesus Christ cleaves to His church. Jesus is cleaving to us, so let's cleave to Him in return!

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 7:53:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    That is a good desire.

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Amen, Angie, good point!

    Matthew, it sure is a good desire.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home