That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Superstitious

Today is June 6, 2006, hence, 06-06-06.

Talk about superstitious. The entire office was on their feet and worried that something bad would happen. I tried my best to ignore their attitude, but this was kind of difficult to ignore...

Today is a beautiful, sunny and hot day. That is why the girls and I decided to take advantage of such a day during our lunch time, went across the street to eat at “Bagel Expressions” and picked seats out on the patio. Lovely, until I noticed the two ladies sitting across. One was wearing a long red dress and her friend was also wearing red, and had red horns and the devil’s red fork, probably from a Halloween outfit. It turned my stomach upside down. I really wanted to run across and hand them tracts, but I lacked boldness. Oh what a lovely view I had.

But this made me all the more look forward to meeting my Saviour face to face, and the only red I will see on Him is His vesture dipped in blood.

Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And for all the superstitious out there, glory to God, I had a delightful day!

7 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    This is interesting! Two colleagues saw a girl in our building today dressed like the devil, two red horns and a red don't know what on her head.

    They were both wondering what could that mean, but none of us could figure it out.

    Now I know. I am floored. How ignorant people are!

     
  • At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:42:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Who knows, it may have been the same girl I saw at lunch time, except she only had the horns on her head (and the pitchfork), which is appalling enough.

    That's the thing. People are ignorant, if they only understood and knew the seriousness of their actions. God and the devil is just a myth to them.

     
  • At Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    If they knew who God is and who Satan is I doubt they would be in such a rush to do such a thing. This is no joking matter.

    I had a rather good day myself. :)

     
  • At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, but myth doesn't necessarily mean untrue, right Angie? LOL.

    I think Satan wants people to believe he doesn't exist. Hence, he encourages people to take him lightly . . . "Halloween is just fun, and horror movies are just fiction . . . Satan isn't real"

     
  • At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:57:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    Deadly stuff, dressing like that.

     
  • At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:07:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    Hey, Shieryl, where did you ever get such a wonderful understanding of what "myth" really means? ;)

     
  • At Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:09:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Angie & Shieryl, you bring up really good points. I see great minds really do think alike!

    Matthew, I agree.

    I think that is why Paul often says "brethren, I would not have you ignorant" Ignorance is no excuse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home