That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, May 29, 2006

Love covers all sins

~Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins. Proverbs 10:12

To the lost folk, this verse may not make much sense, but to the child of the Living God, it contains the very essence of our salvation, which is the love of God.

~Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

I cannot even carry my own sins, they are much too grievous and heavy to bear. It exceeds my human comprehension to have the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending to have covered and utterly removed my sins as far as the East is from the West.

~As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalm 103:12

The only person that can and that has fulfilled the saying of Proverbs 10:12 is the Lord Jesus Christ. And as simple as it may sound, never underesimate the depth of John 3:16.

~For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I like to "personalize" John 3:16 and put my own name instead of "the world".

~Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Amen and Amen, for His love has covered all my sins.

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Here Is Love
    Here is love, vast as the ocean,
    Lovingkindness as the flood,
    When the Prince of Life, our Ransom,
    Shed for us His precious blood.
    Who His love will not remember?
    Who can cease to sing His praise?
    He can never be forgotten,
    Throughout Heav’n’s eternal days.

    On the mount of crucifixion,
    Fountains opened deep and wide;
    Through the floodgates of God’s mercy
    Flowed a vast and gracious tide.
    Grace and love, like mighty rivers,
    Poured incessant from above,
    And Heav’n’s peace and perfect justice
    Kissed a guilty world in love.

    Let me all Thy love accepting,
    Love Thee, ever all my days;
    Let me seek Thy kingdom only
    And my life be to Thy praise;
    Thou alone shalt be my glory,
    Nothing in the world I see.
    Thou hast cleansed and sanctified me,
    Thou Thyself hast set me free.

    In Thy truth Thou dost direct me
    By Thy Spirit through Thy Word;
    And Thy grace my need is meeting,
    As I trust in Thee, my Lord.
    Of Thy fullness Thou art pouring
    Thy great love and power on me,
    Without measure, full and boundless,
    Drawing out my heart to Thee.

     
  • At Monday, May 29, 2006 9:38:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Wow, how beautiful! This is new to me and I loved it. Thanks for sharing, it's a very nice hymn.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:04:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    Sarah, you had never heard that hymn before? You have missed out.

    This really is a wonderful truth.

    God Bless

    Matthew

     
  • At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:56:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    I hadn't heard it until I was in college. I really do like it a lot!

     
  • At Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    No I had never heard it before, but I do like it a lot! I love discovering precious hymns like those.

    I'm going to have to download this one on my mp3!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home