That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Good Shepherd

A shepherd's tasks are to know, lead, feed, keep and seek after his lost sheep.

Tasks, that if we read John 10:1-18, the Lord Jesus Christ accomplishes to the fullest extent. Honestly speaking though, those are simple tasks that any shepherd is able to fulfil. However, how many shepherds are wiling to DIE for their sheep? How many shepherds can give life to their sheep?

That is why the Lord Jesus Christ is called the good shepherd, because He laid down his life so that His sheep may obtain everlasting life!

~I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. John 10:11

~I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14-15

~Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. John 10:17-18

Do you know the Good Shepherd? That GREAT shepherd of the sheep?

~Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant. Hebrews 13:20

~The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1

I want no other shepherd, than that Good and Great shepherd of the sheep, the Lord Jesus Christ, whom laid down His life that I may freely obtain it.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home