That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Day of small things

Zec 4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things?

Our Lord is a loving God. I have good things to look forward to over the coming weekend, particularly Sunday. Yesterday and today, Mitchelle mentioned to me that she really wants to come to church this Sunday - this came from her! And I have a good feeling that this time, she just might.

Also, I have been working really hard at my job. Every week I end up having to work over-time, and I was starting to get discouraged, tired mostly. I have even had to lend my help to one lawyer that I don't enjoy working for. But I did it and the Lord gave me the wisdom to deal well with my tasks. And just as I was getting discouraged, this same lawyer came in today and gave me a box of Belgium chocolates for the hard work. I was very happy and my frown quickly turned upside down. But I know that this was from the Lord and all Praise goes to Him

Despise not the day of small things. Today may have been "small" things, but they were good things. I have been showered by God's love. He just has that special touch, that special way of making you feel valued!

It is wonderful that I got to taste the fruit of my labour at work, however, I am earnestly praying that the Lord will give me to taste of the fruit of my labour through Mitchelle.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home