That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, May 12, 2006

Pray for Nicole

Nicole is the newest addition to my little JV class in Awana. She has been coming to the club for two months now (I think) on a regular basis.

She is not saved, and is a troubled 14 year old teenage girl. I have dealt with a few troubled young ladies before, but Nicole is proving to be a "tough cookie". Every Friday, I spend about an hour speaking and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, and every Friday I find out a little more on just how troubled she is. Every Friday she shed tears, but never accepts Christ as her Saviour.

I was much harder on her tonight. Nicole does not love herself and I could tell this from the first day I met her. I will not go into too much detail, but the little I will share is disturbing enough. Tonight, after dismissing the class, she turns to me and murmurs "I did something really wrong". Nicole has scars on her arms - she has cut herself. She said she's only done it a few times, but from the scars on her hands, I doubt that it's but a few times.

It's beyond disturbing and heart-breaking. I told her that every time she looks at the scars on her arms, she is reminded just how much she hates herself. But Jesus, however, still bares the marks of His love towards her on His resurrected body.

Joh 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

Another leader (Dan), in charge of T&T - if you are familiar with Awana, came to help me out and spoke to her also. I had told him that she is not saved, but he is not aware of just how troubled she is. It is good that Nicole heard the gospel from another leader, that she may know that what we speak is Truth, for it is God's Word.

Please pray for Nicole. She really is a hard cookie, and has not received Christ as her Saviour. Next Friday is our closing Awana night for the year. We take a summer break. Nicole may, however, not be able to come to Awana next year because she is moving. Dan and I promised to pray for her as a church, but I also call upon you to please pray and plead for Nicole's soul.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home