That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Heavenly Budgeting

This week's number 1 conversational topic amongst the ladies of the office was...BUDGETING.

Seriously, everything in my life revolves around the Lord Jesus Christ. Believers, I know you're with me on this one.

That also includes budgeting. Yes, I believe in being wise, saving up, and bla bla this and bla bla that. I hear it constantly and I couldn't agree more. However, I am much more concerned with my Heavenly riches and I "fear" I have officially become annoying, maybe so, but at least I am rich (heavenly speaking, of course). I say annoying, because I remember my mother always talking about Heaven and it used to irritate me. I would always ask her to come back down to earth. Now both mom and I can be simultaneously annoying!

Everything on earth is only temporary, but everything concerning the Lord is everlasting for we serve an Eternal God, the great I Am. I am fixing on Heavenly things above and budgeting for my life in Heaven, as well as constantly daydreaming about dwelling in Heaven forever with my Heavenly Father.

Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

There you have it, that's a great motto to all Christians.

Col 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

I desire to receive crowns and rewards from King Jesus, but it's more than just obtaning rewards. It's about MY worth.

2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

My greatest fear is to be a vessel of dishonour. This is constantly pressed upon my heart that I may think and dwell upon my Lord that He may sanctify and purity me so that I may be worthy to be called His Child.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Therefore, it is far better to invest in our Heavenly inheritance so that we may be worthy to receive riches eternal.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home