That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What a Privilege

Just before leaving work today, I gave Virginia her first King James Bible. She was away from her desk, so I just placed it with a post-it on top saying in French "bonne lecture" which is a common expression for enjoy your reading. She seemed happy when she noticed it and gave me a smile.

Tonight, after the evening prayer service, I got another Bible from the church to hand over to Mitchelle tomorrow. She too will receive her first Bible.

And here I thought giving a tract was exciting!

I feel so privileged to hand over God's precious and holy Word to a lost soul.

Now that the seeds have been planted, I must continue the watering through prayer. They need to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour. May the Word of God get hold of their heart and soul.

Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word. Psalms 119:41

7 Comments:

  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Carey said…

    Wow! How exciting! What I think would be the neatest thing would be to do something like Brother Andrew - smuggling Bibles into forbidden territory.

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 3:53:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    That is a privilege.

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:01:00 AM, Blogger Angie said…

    That is very exciting. :)

    Carey, when I was in jr. high and high school my best friend was from Romania. Her father was imprisoned for doing exactly that. When the communists were still in power it was illegal to distribute Bibles (it may have been illegal to own them, too, but I am not certain on that detail). If I remember the story correctly, he was given an extremely severe sentence and was released after a year, rather unexpectedly, and was essentially told to get out of the country.

    Another Romanian family that I know from my church back home was also involved in smuggling Bibles. One day the mother was home with her children when officers came to inspect the home. There were boxes of Bibles sitting out in the open. She prayed that God would close the eyes of the officers. They searched the house and they found nothing. I love that story. After all these years God still knows how to perform miracles. It is good to serve an eternal, unchanging God, isn't it?

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Carey said…

    It is good! Praise the Lord! Thank you for sharing those encouraging stories, Angie.

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Yes, it is, Matthew.

    Hey Carey and Angie, that is neat.

    I know people who moved here from Saudi Arabia. They tell you how they would smuggle Bibles and have secret church meetings.

    My best friend was Romanian but her family was catholic.

    That is a great story though, Angie. That's incredible.

    It is so crucial for us to pray for our missionaries and for persecuted Christians in foreign countries!

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:47:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    This makes me really want to go to the mission field now!

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:01:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Amen! Carey is on fire, praise the Lord!

    You will be going to Mexico this summer! I wanted to tell you this, our Pastor announced last night that we will soon be taking on a missionary to Mexico for support. Amazing!

    Seriously, I really wish I could just quit everything now and work full time for the Lord!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home