That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Another Open Door

As I came in to work today, I spend the first hour not working, but chatting away with the girls about my short trip. Bad sarah, I know...

Then came lunch time and, Virginia, Mitchelle and I went to a small dinner type restaurant. As we were chatting away, Virginia turned around and said "please don't kill me, but I can't wait to see the da vinci code movie". She said that because we had already discussed this issue many times prior. I remained calm and silently prayed in my heart that the Lord would quicken me to speak something wise, and He did not fail. Praise the Lord, through that little open door, I had the chance to speak about my first love, the Lord Jesus Christ, yet another time to these two young ladies.

Finally, Virginia asked me if I could give her a Bible. I have a King James Bible that I have earnestly been praying that God would send the right person in my path worthy of receiving this precious book. Tomorrow, I will hand it to her. I am so happy. It gets better, Mitchelle asked for one also, and they both promised to read it. I suggested that they start with the book of John and move into Romans.

Praise the Lord for all the open doors He has blessed me with. He makes me feel so worthy to speak and shout His name!!!!! Even my boss, Jeffrey, asked me today if I went to church in NYC and I shouted a loud YES, while another lawyer was in the kitchen.

I am a very shy person, but I have been praying that the Lord would give me boldness to speak His name and I want to praise and thank Him for making me worthy to utter His beautiful name upon my lips.

Psa 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

7 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Praise God for opportunities to share His truth! The Da Vinci Code is how I had the opportunity to start out a conversation with an unbelieving friend a few weeks ago. My church is having a special Sunday School series for all of the SS classes about the book and how Brown fabricated so many things, so I invited her to come. She didn't come, but she did ask if Jesus ever had sex, which opened the door to talk about what the Bible says about Jesus. We didn't get very far in the conversation, but I think doors are opening a lot. I will most likely work for her fiance for the summer, too (her fiance works very closely with one of my friends from church, so we have targeted this couple), so hopefully I will have more opportunities to share with the two of them. Interestingly they are planning on joining a Methodist church. I think the fields might be ripe here!

     
  • At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    That is really nice Angie. The churhc in nyc is also have a seminar "deciphering the da vinci code" to prepare christians. It's some sort of seminar that is taking place in Denver, NYC and Los Angeles.

    At first, I was a bit worried about this movie, because I had faced opposition just with the book. But now that I see all the open doors, bring it on!!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:50:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    A shy person? Since when?

     
  • At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    I lack boldness when it comes to witnessing. But praise God that's it's not me but the spirit of the Lord that quickens me to speak His Truth.

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:08:00 AM, Blogger Carey said…

    Believe it or not, I was shy too. It is truly amazing to see how God uses us and makes us bold beyond our abilities!

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Revelation 2:17 said…

    I tell 'em John then Romans too!!!
    :)

     
  • At Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Yep, that's what I tol'em, lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home