That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, April 24, 2006

Home, Sweet Home

Thanks to all for you prayers, mom and I had a safe trip. We left on Monday morning, as opposed to Sunday late night, and made it home an hour ago, 7 pm our time.

Ney York City was quie nice, however, it is a "dirty" city and much too crowded. It is enjoyable only for a visit. I was so glad to see my auntie whom I had not seen for two years. She is doing very well and the Lord has blessed her very much. I will go as far as to quote Proverbs 31:29 "Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all." when I think of her.

Sunday morning, we worshipped at Calvary Baptist Church. This is where I re-dedicated my life to the Lord when I was 14 and the church has somewhat of a "sentimental value" to me. I was clinging to every word that was coming out of the Pastor's mouth, as I thought to myself, seven years ago, the words of this preacher led to me to fall prostrate on my face and to ask the Lord Jesus Christ to start a new work in me. Ultimately, it is God's Word that got a hold of me, and I praise Him each day for having saved and kept me close to Him.

The church is doing quite well, but they are having some issues here and there. Seems like the enemy knows his time is ticking and he is attacking all that is dear to the Lord. Please remember to pray for Calvary Baptist and to all the churches. May we always stay true and faithful to Him.

It is funny that the things I have missed the most are the things I do on a weekly basis. I have missed my home church very much. I can hardly wait for Wednesday prayer evening! I really missed Pastor Larrry, passing out tracts and the Awana leaders and my dear JVers. And yes, I have missed all of you dear fellow bloggers!

Home, sweet home, indeed.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home