That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, April 10, 2006

Foolish and Filthy Words

This is so great. This may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me, and I must share it!

As I read this, it made me think of the "incident" that got me chewing and poping my gum this past Friday.

Long story short, but my receptionist likes me a lot for some strange reason. She is very nice to me, and gets me Tim Hortons coffee whenever she stops by and is always doing all sorts of kind gestures like that for me, which I really appreciate. However, she tends to be foolish at times.
She knows that I'm a Bible Believing Christian, yet she will often slip jokes related to God, which gets my blood boiling. I try and brush it away, because business like that can get pretty heated.

Finally, last Friday, she said really harsh things related to Jesus Christ.
It got to boiling point with me, and I could not let it slip by. I asked her never to say things like that in front of me. It is really foolish of her and she is in grave danger with God. She should not say filthy words as such, point blank. She immediately brushed it off herself and said "we should not discuss this", went on her lunch break and would not utter a word to me for the rest of the day.

All I could do is keep on praying in my heart and plead my cause before my righteous judge. I asked Him to avenge Himself, because He has heard all the filth that has come from her mouth. I didn't mean her any harm, but I could not understand her attitude.

Here's the irony. Later in the afternoon, she uttered something pretty foolish to one of the partners of the firm, and he and the office manager reprimanded her badly over it. She was at the point of tears. I felt bad for her anyway and went to see if she was alright, but she still would not say a word to me.

She was back to her old joking self today.

But here's what I read just now:

Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily. Forget not the voice of thine enemies: the tumult of those that rise up against thee increaseth continually. Psalm 74:22-23

My prayer for that day had already been prayed, and the Lord was sure to be quick to plead His own cause, as her foolishness landed her in trouble. May she turn from her bitterness towards the Lord and from her foolish ways as her soul is still in grave danger.

5 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 10, 2006 10:12:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    Yeah, that makes me soooo MAD when people say stuff like that. People who know me know not to say stuff like that around me, and people who don't know me find out quickly!

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    It is horrible when people say things like that.

     
  • At Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    It makes me mad too, Carey. In this instance, she knew that it boils my blood but kept on provoking me.

    I agree, Matthew. If they understood the gravity of blaspheming God's Holy name.

     
  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 1:52:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    I cringe when I hear such blasphemous langauge.

    I have heard Christians says that before they got saved they used to make fun of believers and to curse God too. I don't understand such people and I don't know where to place them. Our pastor says he ridiculed Christians but he always had a healthy fear of God.

    I can only thank God that I was raised in a God-fearing home.

     
  • At Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    It makes me cringe too. Even when I wasn't walking right with the Lord, blaspehming His name is something that I just could not do.

    For that, I thank the Lord for saving me at a young age, because I know that it was the Holy Spirit in me that convicted me of such sins.

    Amen!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home