That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I Have Tasted

Psa 34:8 O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

That is always my prayer when I lift up my voice to the Lord. I want to taste Him and see that He is good. I put my trust in Him, and I pray that He increaseth my Faith continually.

I have tasted, and seen that the Lord is good!

Once in a while, I need a touch of love from the Lord. I tell Him that. I can endure and be patient, but I just need a little special touch of love from Him, encouragement I guess. And He never fails to shower me with His love. Yep, I have a Praise tonight!!

About a month ago, I filed my taxes, and my "accountant" (I don't know what to call him. The dude? I pay him once a year when I need to file my taxes) told me that I should be expecting quite a bit from the government, and so I have anxiously been waiting for the cheques to arrive, and that they did tonight. Praise God, I got my Federal and Provincial cheques, and the money came right on time, as I need to fill in a few holes here and there. And since they are but a few holes, I will have quite a bit of left-over to save up.

Wednesdays and Fridays are always a struggle for me at work. Those are the two days of the week that I must leave work on time, since I go to church in the evening, and they just happen to be the CrAzY days! On my way home from work tonight, on the train, I was struggling in the flesh, thinking how nice it would be if I could stay home, relax, and maybe get a nice supper. But I knew that my spirit needed to be fed spiritual food, and I decided I will not let the devil win. That's when I got home and got the cheques. I was all pumped to go to church and praise God for His excellent goodness.

Church was great. We sang nice hymns, The comforter has come, The fight is on, Christ returneth and Standing on the promises. We had more answered prayers than we had prayer requests and Pastor Larry delivered a good message, as always. It was nice being with the family of God.

And I also have to be thankful, because tomorrow is the last day of work, since Friday is a holiday. Therefore, I shall persevere. I'm already thinking about all the reading I want to get done, and the beauty sleep that I seriously need.

My heart is overflowing with Praise. That touch of love that I really needed from Him came right on time, and it came in bigger quantity than I was expecting. I must give thanks, for I have tasted and the Lord is good indeed.

Psa 30:12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.

Psa 106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home