That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Just a Thought

The Thoughts of the Lord:

O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep. ~Psa 92:5

The Thoughts of Man:

The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. ~Psa 94:11

God's thougts are not our thoughts:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isa 55:8-9

The Thoughts of the Sinner:

The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts. Psa 10:4

The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD. Pro 15:26

The Thoughts of the Righteous

The thoughts of the righteous are right. Pro 12:5

The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness Pro 21:5

I got thinking about this, because as I spend most of my day with non-believers, it is amazing how I have nothing in common with them. Every aspect of a believer's life revolves around the Lord Jesus Christ.

He is King and Lord of my heart, and therefore, He rules my life. I can't help but to think and talk about Him!!

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psa 34:1

12 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 8:32:00 AM, Blogger Carey said…

    Amen, Sarah!

    "There are many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand." (Prov. 19:21)

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Revelation 2:17 said…

    I know what you mean. I've even told my own brothers in the Lord who are always talking about earthly stuff that I couldn't stand too much conversation which isn't about the Bible. I get so bored and uninterested. Although I used to be. It's more than just bored,,,, it's a weight, exasperation, I don'y know what to call it. Thankfully now some of them also are talking more about the Lord since I've been proding them to read the entire Bible for the first time that we might have more interesting fellowship.
    One is finishing up 2 chronicles, the other is in Exodus.
    So how much more so with the world...

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks, Carey. That is a great verse!

    Rev., that is great stuff about your friends. Things like that come with time and with growth, if you cleave to the Lord. We all need to grow so much more in the Lord.

    But I know your feeling all to well. That is why I enjoy spending time with the church so much. We are blessed that our church family loves Heavenly conversations!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    And I love you two, I mean you three (Carey included).

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    And I love you three, also, wait..mom, rev. and carey...yes three!

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    Great thoughts, Sarah.

    'I got thinking about this, because as I spend most of my day with non-believers, it is amazing how I have nothing in common with them. Every aspect of a believer's life revolves around the Lord Jesus Christ.'

    Or should revole around the Lord Jesus Christ. Sadly, not all Christians show that same distinctness from the world that you do.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew

     
  • At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:55:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks Matthew. At times, it can get lonely in the world though. It is important to cleave to our First Love, Jesus Christ.

    And in case you feel out of the circle of love, we love you too!

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Carey said…

    Awww... thanks for including me, Leila! I feel all warm and fuzzy now. *hugs*

    Gosh, I feel like holding hands and singing kumbaya! *laughs*

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    yeah. I feel like laughing too. uuuummmm ummmmmmm. I am at the office.

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    I am laughing now, more like giggles actually.

    Giggles are contagious!

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:15:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    Now I am giggling!

     
  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    See, it's contagious!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home