That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Eternal I Am

Deu 33:27 The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Our God is the great I AM. Of all the things I've thanked Him for, I don't believe I ever thanked Him for being eternal. He knows no beggining and has no end. Isaiah 9:6 calls Him The everlasting Father. Jeremiah 10:10 calls Him The everlasting King.

Psa 93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

If He is the great I AM, the everlasting God, that means that His wonderful attributes are also from everlasting to everlasting.

Psa 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Psa 103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children.

Psa 119:142 Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness.

Isa 45:17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation.

Isa 54:8 In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love.

It is wonderful to serve the True and Only God that shall never perish. His kingdom is everlasting, and I shall serve Him eternally.

Psa 145:13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting.

I much rather invest in my everlasting inheritance than to waist my all on earthly goods that shall surely come to pass. If anyone wants to know what I shall be doing for the rest of my life, here it is: I will bless the Lord God Israel from everlasting and to everlasting!

Psa 41:13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home