That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Family to feed

Do you recall my post on the homeless guy that is often near my building? I went outside for lunch with the ladies again, and on our way back, there he was. My office manager, Joanne, is a smoker. She has tried to quit many times, and as far as I know, her best record is two weeks. Talk about being enslaved....

As Joanne lights up her cigarette (yuck), the homeless guy approaches her and asks her for one in return of $1. And here I was about to give him a tract. I was so discouraged that I just walked on by. Joanne refused to give him a cigarette; she too was appalled. In all honesty, I was irritated by his behaviour.

However, on my way back home, the Lord rewarded me with a good one! I managed to catch an earlier train, even though it meant I had to stand up. On the train, there was a teenage girl, her mother and grandmother and all three were chatting away. I believe the family was Greek. And what do you know, all three get off at the same stop as I, and catch the same bus.

This time, I managed to grab a good seat on the bus, though my ride is only five minutes. As I looked up, I saw the mother and grandmother that were with me on the train, and they were now both standing up (the teenage girl had made it all the way to the back of the bus, go figure). I immediately proceeded to give the grandmom my seat. Both mom and grandma were very thankful, and they both thanked me in French, so much so, that the mother said to me "God bless you". OH HOW COOL.

Now there's an open door that you just cannot miss. I opened my purse and told the mother "I have something for you also, here's the Word of Jesus Christ to you". I gave her the tract "Eternal Life is a Free Gift", but in French. Anywho, the grandmother was just as curious in reading it. Right before I got off my bus, I turned around and saw the mother still reading the tract.

See how great our Lord is!!! I may have been disappointed with the homeless man, but the Lord gave me a family to feed instead!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home