That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, June 09, 2006

When all else fails

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalms 73:26

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, June 09, 2006 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    Amen.

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 3:47:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    Indeed.

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:02:00 AM, Blogger Consecrated said…

    God is the strength of my heart. I am singing that chorus now.

     
  • At Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    I like that verse, it's comforting.

    yes, I heard you, Consecrated :)

     
  • At Thursday, June 15, 2006 6:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a coincidence! I almost posted this same verse last week! :) And it's even funnier because I was reminded of it when you posted about Job. This psalmist was downhearted when it seemed to him that the wicked were not only getting away with all sorts of evil, but actually prospering even, while the just, like him, seemed to be righteous in vain. However, in the end he is strengthened by the knowledge that God truly is just and he need not worry about such things when he is in God's hand. Combine this verse with the one before it and it is one of my favorite sets of memory verses:

    25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

    26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

    Amen! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home