That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Friday, June 16, 2006

I know whom I have believed

It’s almost midnight, and if you know me well enough by now, you would know that right about now, I would be in lala land, which to me is dreamland. And though I can not wait to arrive to that land which is nothing but a piece of imagination of my own, I’m very anxious and am having trouble sleeping. It’s weird, I’m about to pass out I’m so exhausted, and yet my mind is continually running and it’s preventing me from falling asleep. Applogies if this posts ends up with a tone of mistakes.

I will soon be on my way to Lebanon; I can’t even believe this day has actually arrived. Never had I ever had so many mixed feelings, from excitement to fear.

Last night, during the prayer service, Pastor Larry preached about the altars in our life. Pastor Larry always insists that a believer ought to have a place where they can pinpoint where they met the Lord. Mine is at our first home we had here in Canada, in the living room with my mother. I got saved, no question about it, even though I was only 7 years old. I understood I was a sinner in need of Jesus’ Grace, that He may save my soul from death and hell, and Glory to God, He saved me.

However, I have another altar. Though I was saved, I didn’t really know my Saviour, and had thought I found Him through the Catholic god. My last trip to Lebanon yielded to the start of my walk with the Lord. I needed to be delivered from a certain situation, and I would cling each night to my Bible, with tears, and would tell God that if He truly is Jesus Christ, then He would deliver me. Amen, He delivered me! That room in Lebanon yielded to another altar where I met with the Lord. It is where I truly knew and trusted in Him. He is now giving me a second chance to visit that same altar once more, this time though, I know whom I have believed.

2Ti 1:12 for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

I know that He is my rock, my fortress, my deliverer, my GOD, my strength, my buckler, the horn of my salvation and my high tower.

Psa 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

The Lord is my refuge and I know that He will protect me.

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. Psalms 91:9-15

His promises give me strength and peace. I know that I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I can publish this post and quote these scriptures of Faith with full belief only because I truly know whom I have believed. Amen.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home