That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Monday, July 10, 2006

Prayer of Faith


~ And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matthew 21:22

The Lord has reminded me this very evening of a powerful truth that is key to my relationship with Him. That truth is belief that whatever I ask in His name, I shall receive.

James 5:15 says:

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Jam 5:15

I am also reminded of this passage:

And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us. And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord. Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. Matthew 9:27-29

I know there are many key elements to prayer, such as asking in His name (John 14:13) and walking righteously in His steps (Proverbs 15:29), but I thank Him that tonight, He has reminded me that I also need to believe that nothing is impossible for Him.

~If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home