That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Please pray with me

The Lord brought my brother and I safely back from Lebanon just in time, since you are aware by now about the Mideast-Crisis. I am thankful for His goodness and His good timing. I was able to mend things with my father before the "war" broke out.

However, please pray that the Lord will keep my family safe, as this is rather worrying. I keep on thinking about my family, the ones that have been witnessed to, mostly by my brother, and how through this present trial, they will cling on to their catholic faith and their idols and icons more than ever. Please pray that the Lord will make them repent and that they will cling on the Word of God instead, come to the saving knowledge that is in Christ only and claim His precious promises. Also, please be in prayer for the Bible Believing Churches and the Christians at this present time in Lebanon, as well as in Israel.

As difficult and worrying as this is, I thank the Lord, for we know that these things are bound to happen in preparation for our Saviour King's return. Our hope is in Christ.

~For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore COMFORT one another with these words. 1 Thess. 4:16-18

Amen, let us then comfort one another that Jesus Christ is on His way, and soon we shall meet and be with the King forever!

8 Comments:

  • At Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:39:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    I heard about that on the news yesterday morning and have been praying for your family. I was also very thankful (as I'm sure your mom is too) that you and your brother are now back in Canada.

     
  • At Thursday, July 13, 2006 2:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought the same thing when I saw it on the news last night. How perfect is God's timing! And yes, I totally agree with you - the Lord's coming is near!

     
  • At Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Celestine said…

    I am very thankful you came back when you did.

    Thankyou for reminding me to pray for Lebanon.

    Carey, you do look glamorous.

    God Bless

    Matthew

     
  • At Thursday, July 13, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Carey, thanks.

    Shieryl, Amen, I think most believers feel like the Lord is on His way!

    Matthew, also thanks, and yes, Carey is glamorous!!

     
  • At Thursday, July 13, 2006 11:34:00 PM, Blogger Angie said…

    I am so glad that you are back. War makes travel rather "interesting", if nothing else, so you were at least spared that! There has been at least one war involving Israel in every decade since they declared independence (I think there was something in the 1980s, but I can't verify that decade). That's one war-torn country. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem as well as for the safety and salvation of your loved ones!

     
  • At Friday, July 14, 2006 8:41:00 AM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    Thanks a lot, Angie. I know the Christians in both countries are presently on their knees, and all we can do to help them right now is do likewise.

     
  • At Monday, July 17, 2006 9:04:00 PM, Blogger Carey said…

    My family and I have been praying, but I get frustrated with the news because I can't trust them.

    Matthew and Sarah, thanks. That was a glam shot, which would explain the glamorous look. Unfortunately, I don't usually look like that.

     
  • At Monday, July 17, 2006 9:09:00 PM, Blogger Redeemed said…

    lol, Carey, you are beautiful. You possess inner and outer beauty!

    Thanks a lot for your prayers, they are needed. My father managed to call my brother on Friday morning and reassured him that all is well. All we can do for now is to stay on our knees.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home