That I May Know Him

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. ~ 1 John 5:20 (KJV)

Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces? Jeremiah 23:29

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Teach me, Lord

Knowing God’s will for my life has always consumed my thoughts, and I know that is the case for many believers. Even in knowing His will for me, I would struggle with whether or not I have the discipline to walk in His path, wherever that may lead me.

However, that discipline is something that is usually taught and we believers follow the greatest Master, the Lord Jesus. We can go to Him and ask to be taught to do His Will.

Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Psalm 25:4

Teach me thy way, O LORD. Psalm 27:11

Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Psalm 143:10

The Lord hearkens to such a prayer.

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. Psalm 32:8

God’s Word proclaims it. He will teach us, yes, but He will also guide us in the way wherein we should walk. I don’t need to worry and be consumed by these thoughts. I trust in the Lord and I believe His Word.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5:6

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home